REMBE® FARADO® II + FIBC grounding monitoring
Related economic sectors
FARADO® II + FIBC for use on mobile tanks and trucks, barrels, IBC, FIBC
Electrostatic charges can build up as a result of the friction when flammable liquids, gases or solids are being conveyed. The resulting electrostatic discharges e.g. sparks can be a risky ignition source for explosive atmospheres under the appropriate conditions. The FARADO® II continuously dissipates the electrostatic potentials to prevent these discharges. The FARADO® II also monitors the resistance/capacity of the connected object as well as the connection‘s resistance. No acti- vation will be given if they do not exceed the preset limit values. Insufficient resistance/capacity means that the grounding clamp is not connected to the specific object, but is possibly connected to a smaller or already grounded object. This process ensures tamper-proof use of the grounding system.
The self-monitoring FARADO® II grounding system was developed for grounding when filling or emptying mobile containers such as tank trucks, IBCs, FIBCs, drums, etc., and it is used in the chemical, food, pharmaceutical, cosmetics, oil and gas as well as wood industries.
- Easy on-site installation thanks to its compact design
- The connected objects capacitance check ensures that the system is tamper-proof
- Approved for use in explosive areas zones 1 and 21
- Integrated signalling for reliable monitoring
- Settings can be adjusted via an RFID chip
- Remote maintenance and setting up options via a PC
- If an RS485 interface (ModBus protocol) is used, the data from previous grounding processes can be sent out and checked in order to identify incorrect system operation and to eliminate it through optimisation measures. Product-specific software is included in the package for this purpose.